Princess Cruises Assistant Gift Shop Buyer in SEATTLE, Washington
Assistant Gift Shop Buyer
We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
Responsible for supporting the development of merchandising programs tailored to the Alaska tourist market. Responsible for monitoring inventory, managing invoicing and receipts through working with the Seattle warehouse and the Alaska Lodge Gift Shops. Working with a select group of vendors to create purchase plans and product assortment, initiating and coordinating orders and delivery schedules. Liaison with Merchandise Manager, Buyer and Gift Shop Managers on shop inventory management. Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, objectives, and applicable government laws and regulations.
• Reconciles processed Accounts Payable items by verifying entries and comparing to AP reporting of purchase orders.
• Authorizes payments to vendors and vendor set up, verifying federal id numbers; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation, insuring credit is received for outstanding items; issuing stop payments or purchase order amendments.
• Manages assigned vendors and product lines under Merchandise Manager and Buyer supervision. Partners to create purchase plans and product assortments. Initiates and coordinates reorders and delivery schedules.
• Monitor product quality and ensure timely delivery.
• Maintain historical records.
• Assists in development and implementation of key strategies to drive sales, margin and stock turn. Also, assists in controlling costs through financial planning.
• Apply knowledge of merchandising, budget guidelines and objectives to maximize sales and profit productivity with each department’s square footage,
• Liaison with the Merchandise Manager, Buyer and Gift Shop Managers in the development of appropriate strategies for inventory management.
• Provide coaching and training to the Lodge Gift Shop Managers and Merchandise Assistant.
• Associate degree or trade school work or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 2 years’ related experience in retail purchasing and merchandising.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Proficiency in the MS Office applications, working knowledge of computerized point-of-sale (POS) and inventory management systems a plus.
• Organizational skills and the ability to handle multi-tasking and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Some travel is required.