Washington State DSHS Children's Administration Social Service Specialist 3 in Richland, Washington
Do you crave the ability to impact families in a positive way? Are you the type of employee who is consultative and enjoys being engaged with your clients? If this sounds like you, bring your professional knowledge, excellent communications skills and emotional intelligence to work for Children's Administration within the Department of Social and Health Services.
We are currently seeking a proactive learners and resilient contributors to join our Child Protective Services Unit located in our Richland, Washington field office.
Some of what you'll do as a Social Service Specialist
- Meet all casework management directives required by law, policy, and other mandates
- Adhere to Solution-Based Casework (SBC) model
- Perform advanced level work in the investigation of child abuse and neglect allegations and specialized case management
- Interviewing child, family members, and collateral sources to determine the facts of each case
- Assess complex family situations, and develop plans to protect children either in their own homes or out of home care through the intervention of the court system
- Make findings of abuse or neglect based on the results of the investigation.
- Develops initial and ongoing safety assessments and safety plans
- Transport dependent children to and from appointments, visits, school, and court hearings
- Work independently in devising your own work methods to provide an advanced level of specialized, culturally competent, and solution focused case management
We're looking for professionals who have successfully demonstrated
- Ability to make critical decisions, based on integration of information from multiple sources that may be discrepant, in high-stress situations
- Engage children and families under difficult circumstances, to gather information to make accurate and precise decisions
- Proven ability to identify problems, develop and implement solutions
- Ability to communicate information both orally and in writing so others will understand
- Ability to remain calm when being confronted and to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successfully manage competing priorities
Who should apply
Professionals with 1 year of experience as a Social Service Specialist 2;
A Bachelor's Degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences or a related field AND 3 years of paid social service experience;
A Master's Degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or a related field AND 2 year of paid social service experience. A practicum could substitute for 1 year of paid social service experience.
We would prefer someone with 1 year of Child Protective Services or other case management experience
Degrees must be obtained from an accredited institution.
Click Here for additional information about Children's Administration and to see brief interviews with actual workers.
Questions? Please contact Adam Seick, DSHS Recruiter, and reference job number 06509.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact a Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $3,883.00 - $5,101.00 Monthly
Location: Benton County – Richland, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2017-06509
Closing: 7/30/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact