Microsoft Corporation Solutions Portfolio Manager in Redmond, Washington
Enterprise Services is the key engine in Microsoft to help customers embrace their Digital Transformation journeys. We use the Digital Transformation narrative to engage customers on their own terms and we align on their digital strategy and help them elaborate a program of change.
Our Americas Region team partners with our Canada, LATAM teams, and US to drive a consistent strategy, implemented through a sustainable approach to customer and business success, measured through revenue, customer and people results. The Region Solutions Portfolio Director works directly with the Canada, US, and LATAM Services teams to support the development and execution of an Area marketing, solutions, and industry sales plan to enable customer and business success. This role reports to the Americas Enterprise Services Regional VP.
We are looking for a seasoned Market and Sales thought leader, strong collaborator and role model of the growth mindset culture. The successful candidate will have exemplary skills to inspire, coach and lead others to deliver on success for our customers and business results.
The Americas Solutions Portfolio Director collaborates with the Area Services Marketing and Solutions Sales Leaders to drive marketing campaigns, programs and sales strategies to achieve revenue, share and usage metrics.
Demand Generation - Solutions, Industry and Customer Digital Transformation
• Directs and leads strategy for Services-owned marketing activities and customer campaigns within the guidance provided by corporate Services executives and campaign owners; establishes a consistent strategy across the Areas and Subsidiaries; provides coaching to individual Subsidiaries aligned with the stated strategy.
• In partnership with the Areas, and working closely with M&O teams, plans and executes market development and demand generation campaigns, and customer and partner marketing campaigns.
• In alignment with WW Services Marketing, adapts WW customer campaigns and audience programs to fulfill market needs and overcome Subsidiary specific marketing challenges (e.g., messaging, media mix).
• Influences customer campaign prioritization based on a firm understanding of the Region market needs and opportunity size.
• Analyzes market analytics, customer profiling and targeting activities to enhance demand generation and drive Services business results (revenue, priority area mix, customer satisfaction, etc.).
• Sizes the Americas market landscape to identify compelling opportunities through rigorous data analysis of customers, trends, competitors and partners to drive business results and make wise investments, resulting in exceptional Services business results and performance (revenue, priority area mix and customer satisfaction).
• Monitors business health through analysis of key performance indicators such as Scorecard wins, deal mix, average deal size, new work sold & revenue, and defines and drives corrective actions when needed.
• Aligns with Americas Services Sales Leaders and Marketing Leaders to orchestrate resource integration into the sales process for high priority opportunities.
• Partners with Services Delivery leadership to ensure capacity planning for targeted GTMs.
• Influences corporate product planning, product development and product quality through feedback and consultation.
• Captures/shares Region best practices with the WW community.
• Developing and coaching Area Services Marketing teams in achieving Marketing Excellence across the Region.
Business Planning & Cross-Segment Alignment
• Leads the Area Services Marketing Leaders through the strategic planning process (in alignment with WW Services strategy), including creating/evolving the Region Services strategy.
• Represents Services in the planning and execution of ROB planning processes (including growth planning and segment alignment) across the Area.
• Leads the Area Services Marketing Leaders through detailed execution planning to achieve business goals.
• Partners with segment and functional teams to advance customer relationships, enrich Services and priority area value propositions, and establish an aligned and seamless business-operating model.
• Drives strategies within the Subsidiary across all segments and functions by unifying business objectives and operational plans to achieve both short- and long-term growth, in close partnership with other segment and functional leaders.
• Negotiates resource and investment trade-offs across the Regional segment and functional leads to achieve shared performance goals.
• Manages and influences allocation of shared resources such as pre-sales & specialist sales, BIF, Center of Excellence resources and Global Delivery.
• Influences and informs leadership priorities for the Region.
Cross-Business Enablement and Support.
• Coordinates with Sales, Delivery and the Area readiness team to ensure content is provided and delivered for sales and delivery readiness for the Services priority areas.
• Effectively promotes awareness of Services priority areas within Services and in related segments and functions.
• Reviews and influences sales proposals and related content.
• Contributes to the deployment of presales resources and programs; negotiating and influencing resource planning for pre-sales and sales
• Establishes and manages collaboration and alignment with various stakeholder groups across the business and functional counterparts in Services Sales and Delivery.
• 8-10 years of experience in Marketing, Solution and Industry Sales, and Consulting.
• 5+ years working in Services Sales and/or Marketing roles.
• Proficient in English.
• Master’s Degree in marketing or Business Administration.
• Competency in Business and Strategy Leadership, Cross Boundary Collaboration, Customer and Partner Satisfaction, Impact and Influence, Integrated Marketing Excellence, Positioning, Branding and Messaging, Change Management.
• Understanding of the professional services marketing and practical experience in product marketing preferred.
• Ability to collaborate with and influence senior business leaders across the Area is essential.
Experience in sales and/or marketing Industry and/or horizontal (multi-product) solutions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.