Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer II in Redmond, Washington
The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building the Microsoft IoT platform which will support a commanding share of the 50 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade.
You will be working on Azure IoT Edge, Microsoft’s edge computing platform. IoT Edge enables IoT solution developers to securely package and deploy custom code and/or Azure services from the cloud to physical devices, using Docker containers. This allows our customers to reduce costs, by filtering the data sent to the cloud, and increase resiliency and reduce latency by enabling edge devices to make decisions locally, without a connection to the cloud. The IoT Edge team is responsible for the end to end platform. This gives you the unique ability to work on the full spectrum of a cloud-based, IoT application, from device software, to cloud services, to web UI.
Join us in helping drive our mission to offer the most scalable, powerful, and secure IoT platform empowering businesses ranging from startups to Fortune 100 enterprises to achieve more. You will be an important part of a team of highly motivated and talented individuals and this is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career, learn new technologies, and influence the next generation of computing paradigms.
Successful candidates should have a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals, sharp technical design skills, and a healthy appetite for tackling hard, ambiguous problems.
• Author highly-efficient code that can process large amounts of data
• Add rich, seamless integration of 1st-party Azure Services from the cloud to edge devices
• Work with industry-standard IoT network protocols: MQTT, AMQP, and HTTP
• Design and implement cloud-based APIs for managing the software running on large sets of physical devices from the cloud
• Work directly with major customers in the industry to both diagnose and provide solutions for their technical scenarios
• 3+ years of experience in software development for enterprises using an object-oriented language
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
• Experience developing embedded software for constrained devices
• Experience developing IaaS / PaaS services for a Cloud Platform
• Experience developing applications hosted on top of Azure, AWS or other similar Cloud Platforms
• Experience performing secure communication using TLS and X509 certificates
• Experience authoring performance / stress tests, analyzing the results, and identifying potential bottlenecks
• Experience interfacing with hardware security modules and/or trusted execution environments (TPM, TrustZone, SGX, etc.)
• Knowledge of .NET, C# and associated toolsets / frameworks
• Solid knowledge of data-structures and algorithms.
• Experience writing and debugging asynchronous and multi-threaded code.
• Strong technical aptitude coupled with a demonstrated ability to adapt to and learn new technologies.
• Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication.
• Familiarity with Docker containers and modern container orchestration systems (kubernetes, mesos, etc.)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. Development (engineering)