Microsoft Corporation Senior UX Designer in Redmond, Washington
Here at Microsoft, we are impacting the world in beneficial ways each and every day. How often can you say that you are truly revolutionizing anything and really mean it? The Windows Experiences Reach & Journey Creative Team is specifically built to define Windows Experiences for Maps & Location and People related experiences.
We are looking for a talented Senior UX Designer with extensive graphic and visual design expertise, strong UX design experience, functional motion design skills, leadership experience, and excellent collaboration and communication skills. You will help design and ship breakthrough experiences that impact how millions of people use our products and services every single day. You will work closely with a team of UI/UX designers, user researchers, design managers, brand marketers, and software engineers in a highly collaborative and open environment. We require demonstrated skill and knowledge in developing high-functioning products in software applications for mobile and desktop.
• Contributing to the early concept phase (organizing and running idea sessions, creating mood boards, storyboarding, brainstorming, building user scenarios and developing concept sketches) and turning the ideas into something useful and valuable.
• Driving the execution of design and delivering to deadlines in a self-directed manner
• Building user task models, UI architecture, wireframes, process flows, interaction models, and UI design specs
• Quickly iterating on multiple interactive design solutions
• Designing user experience solutions that work across Windows and the product teams with a focus on innovating the visual and motion language and strategies that bring the user story to life for a wide audience.
• Effectively communicating and documenting research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design rationales both verbally and visually.
• Implement, maintain and extend component libraries and visual asset systems
• Partnering closely with other designers, researchers, PMs and engineers to deliver high-quality experiences from product conception until launch.
• 8+ years of experience in: Interface Design, Visual Communication, HCI or Product Design.
• You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design approaches, interaction design standards and methodology.
• You have experience in building and shipping beautiful and intuitive applications.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and understanding of typography, color and layout principles.
• Documented ability to drive the design review cycle, close on design requirements and achieve consensus.
• Strong user experience skill set including strategy, information architecture, and design aesthetic.
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from product management and engineering.
• Great listening skills, with an open minded and collaborative approach to design.
• Extraordinary communication skills - the ability to make complex areas understandable, demonstrate passion and leadership, and strong presentation skills.
• Self-motivated and directed.
• A strong interest in design and technology trends.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in interactive and mobile design
• Portfolio showcasing relevant experience
• Designing and building interactive prototypes.
• Experience crafting UI/UX for mobile, tablets and desktop products is a plus.
• Motion design and 3D experience.
We value diversity at Microsoft. Improving and enabling the contribution of every individual allows us to infuse diverse thought as a natural part of the way we innovate.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.