Microsoft Corporation Senior Program Manager in Redmond, Washington
Corporate Functions Engineering is for those IT professionals and business technology professionals who want to be strategic partners to the business and be the first place to create innovative solutions using all of Microsoft’s products and services. Corporate Functions Engineering provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Unlike other IT organizations, Corporate Functions Engineering employees make global impact on thousands of customers and thousands of employees who use Microsoft software and services.
Would you like the opportunity to be part of transforming the Enterprise Services by driving a data analytics strategy and projects for the Microsoft Consulting Services and Premier Support businesses and a transition to one of the world’s largest ERP implementation? Would you like to lead the transition of the Microsoft Consulting Services and Premier data platform to Azure and showcase Microsoft’s cloud-first, mobile-first vision? Come join Professional Services IT and the team that responsible for a portfolio of data and analytics platforms that power insight for the Services business.
The ideal candidate is a leader who has a passion and background in applying analytics to enable worldwide business management and insights for thousands of users inside of Microsoft. Proven experience and results in the following areas are required to be successful in this role:
• Delivery Management - End-to-end experience developing and delivering data warehouse and BI solutions for large enterprise scenarios in a fast-paced environment balancing constraints of time, budget and scope.
• Customer, Partner and Business Value - developing solution roadmaps based on business architecture that enable and support realization of business strategies.
• Partnership - developing deep relationships with business and engineering team members including negotiating and managing expectations with a large set of stakeholders.
• Operational Excellence - leading efforts to architecture simplification, driving out defects to achieve service level expectations and improving processes to achieve high business partner satisfaction.
Skills and Experience
• Drive for Results - solid track for delivering on complex and challenging projects. Clear and concise communication to a broad stakeholder on plans, risks and issues.
• Technical Excellence - 10+ years in data warehousing and business intelligence using agile and waterfall delivery models. Experience applying Microsoft data platform and BI tools including SQL Server, Azure, SharePoint and Power BI. Experience with future state architectures such as Cosmos DB, Azure Data Lake, HD Insight (Spark) is a plus.
• Customer Focus - Product planning managing roadmaps and optimizing focus on top business priorities. Enterprise Services data and business processes (preferred).
• Judgment - project management experience overseeing multiple projects in flight and managing dependencies with other related projects.
• Collaboration - Managing relationships with a broad set of stakeholders across Service Operations, Engineering and Business
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Management or Computer Science or other technical discipline
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Information technology (IT) & operations