Microsoft Corporation Senior Program Manager in Redmond, Washington
Are you passionate about the balance between usability and security? Are you hungry to grow and push yourself and your team to new levels of innovation and impact? Are you also data-driven and customer-obsessed? Read on!
We are looking for a high energy, creative, and analytical Senior Program Manager to help simplify identity authentication experiences for end users. The goal is to drive world class end user experiences across our identity division – wherever such experiences show up.
We are Microsoft’s Identity Security and Protection team (ISP), charged with preventing account hacking and fraud across all of Microsoft’s Identity systems – consumer or enterprise, on any device or any service. Every Microsoft business relies on Azure Active Directory and Microsoft account to authenticate.
ISP is on the front lines of cybersecurity, evaluating more than 10 billion logins a day for 400+ million unique daily users, and stopping more than 30 million account attacks every day. Users on Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, Outlook, Azure, and at millions of enterprise desks around the world rely on us to keep their identities – and all the services and assets they allow access to – safe from cybercriminals.
We are a tight, mission focused team on the front lines of the cybersecurity war. We do this with a combination of the services we operate – Azure AD Conditional Access, Azure AD Identity Protection, Azure Multi-Factor Authentication and more – and the tremendous signal analysis engines we’ve built up. In addition to doing real and tangible good for the users we protect, we are building tremendous differentiated business value for Azure Active Directory and the services we protect.
You will get to work on features like:
• Account recovery: after customers forget their usernames or passwords, or get hacked.
• Security info: prompting customers to add or verify recovery options to help protect their accounts.
• Security notifications: account alerts via email, SMS, and voice calls.
• Recent activity: where customers can review suspicious login activity and account changes.
• Industry consulting and advice: learning and sharing the latest security best practices to protect our customers.
Your job will include:
• Designing and shipping improvements to our end user experiences.
• Ensuring design and conceptual consistency across all of our assets.
• Collaborating with engineering teams and partner teams around Microsoft.
• Ensuring leadership visibility into key user experience gaps.
• Measuring core KPIs to track progress and drive telemetry improvements.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Empathy for customers and a passion for great design and user experiences.
• Deep previous experience related to security and identity systems.
• Strong technical problem solving and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proven track record of delivering complex, high-scale distributed systems that meet evolving business requirements.
• Minimum of 5 years of Program Management experience working through the full product cycle from initial planning and design to on-going operation.
• BS/MS Software Engineering or related areas.
Think you have what it takes to join us? Apply today!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Program management (engineering)