Microsoft Corporation Senior Program Manager-3D For Everyone in Redmond, Washington
Sr. Program Manager, Release - 3D for Everyone
We are seeking a Release Program Manager to join our 3D for Everyone team to drive execution and delivery of our portfolio of products.
Our team creates every day magic with the goal of making 3D accessible, while bringing innovation and fun to the masses. We want great people who are passionate about revolutionizing the way people create, comprehend and express ideas. Come be part of history in the making!
We’re looking for an experienced Release Manager who can drive execution, studio communications, key studio engineering rhythm functions and release of our suite of products through close engagement with the Engineering teams. Are you are someone with passion for delivering on-time and with high quality? Do you thrive and succeed in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or contending priorities? If so, we are looking for you.
In addition, you will directly contribute to the 3D user experience through ownership of several cross-product features. Your impact – driving delivery of products like Paint 3D, View 3D, Remix3D.com and more - will directly influence the success of the 3D for Windows ecosystem.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Lead the self-host and release process across a portfolio of apps and manage and socialize key milestones for projects.
• Identify and mitigate product risks and dependencies and drive cross group coordination across multiple product teams.
• Work as an amplifier of team productivity, looking for ways to make processes and tools more efficient.
• Generate and drive delivery of compelling presentations to keep senior leadership and critical reviewers/teams up to date with plans, schedule and status of the program.
• End to end ownership of critical cross-team features that tie different pieces of the 3D ecosystem together – from defining the scope and roadmap of these deliverables through ensuring their timely & high-quality delivery.
• 5+ years of Program Management experience,preferably leading project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects with aggressive schedules and both direct and virtual teams
• BS or equivalent degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
• Experience running ship rooms, beta programs, and/or sprint coordination.
• 10+ years product development experience in consumer-focused technology companies
• Experience in communicating with and influencing virtual teams – fromtechnical teams to management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and make decisions to lock on / sign off a committed plan.
• Strong project management skills and ability to drive resolution of critical actionitems.
• Technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed with newtechnologies.
• Strong interpersonal communication and cross-team collaboration skills with theproven ability to work with, and build win-win relationships. When conflicts occur, you bring people together, with careful listening, mitigation, and resolution skills.
• Exceptional organization skills. Detailed and organized communication skills withclear, concise, and specific follow through on all action items resulting from meetings and/or directions from the production team.
• Experience handling ambiguous situations and conditions, and an ongoing need toidentify, assess, and solve problems quickly and frequently.
• A high level of enthusiasm, ingenuity, self-motivation, resourcefulness and drive forresults in a fast-paced space. Must have a positive and collaborative attitude.
• Be able to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Expertise with engineering work management / tracking tools, e.g., Visual StudioOnline.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Program management (engineering)