Microsoft Corporation Senior Designer in Redmond, Washington
Do you put human needs and motivations at the center of your design thinking? Are you delighted when the gadgets in your world take care of the little things for you? Do you see technology as a tool for amplifying and enhancing the things that make us human--giving us superpowers? The Windows and Devices Group Design Studios is a team of multidisciplinary designers working to make technology that integrates seamlessly into the human world. We are at the forefront of defining the design agenda and design language for Microsoft--and we are hiring! Our studios are large, modern, open, spaces where designers, managers, and producers work collaboratively to craft experiences that integrate content, software, hardware, and services. No cubicles here. Interaction, motion, and visual designers team up to share ideas and work on Windows, Windows Phone, Xbox, HoloLens, Surface Hub, Microsoft Account, Our studios are large, modern, open, spaces where designers, managers, and producers work collaboratively to craft experiences that integrate content, software, hardware, and services. No cubicles here. Interaction, motion, and visual designers team up to share ideas and work on Windows, Windows Phone, Xbox, HoloLens, Surface Hub, Microsoft Account, microsoft.com, and more stuff that we can’t talk about. Every studio partners with top-notch teams of program managers, developers, producers, and researchers who advise on release dates, technological challenges, and customer feedback. If coding constraints are just another piece of the design puzzle for you, and you’re excited about expanding your design skills across visual, interaction, and motion design--we want to talk to you.
This role is in the Fluent Design System team, with an emphasis on User Experience Design. We seek a Senior UX designer to join our team of motion, visual, 3d to help us design Microsoft’s Fluent Design System. You must have a clear understanding of each facet of the design process, including information architecture, interaction design, research and usability, rapid prototyping, visual design, motion design, brand integration, and content creation. You have demonstrated ability to effectively partner with planners, program managers, developers, researchers, and other designers to shepherd end to end experiences from concept to ship. You are a great creator, collaborator, and communicator.
• Ship human-centered experiences in WDG products and services
• Participate in and/or facilitate design brainstorming and work sessions
• Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, visual language guidelines, visual comps, prototypes, scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
• Work across visual, interaction, motion, brand, and other designers to ensure your contribution enhances the overall user experience
• Present design ideas and assets as needed to peers, partners, and management in ways that bring the customer story to life, Incorporate feedback into design efforts
• Communicate, defend, and build consensus around all aspects of design and design direction
• Deliver visual assets and/or guidance (information structures and hierarchies; navigation models; animations, wireframes, flows, and other visual prototypes; and redlines) to development counterparts on time and with quality, in accordance with agile methodology
• Work with user researchers to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts
• Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future products
• 5+ years of experience in relevant design discipline for consumer product experiences
• Work samples emphasizing interaction and graphic design skills (portfolio review may be required)
• Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and all related business and design tools
• Bachelor’s Degree in Motion Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, Information Design, or equivalent education or experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
User experience (engineering)