Microsoft Corporation Radio Test Engineer in Redmond, Washington
This skilled engineer will provide a key function for the compliance team through definitive radio compliance testing expertise and will be responsible for an exciting, cutting-edge family of products. Primary responsibilities include defining the regulatory radio compliance test procedures required for each product and coordinating those test efforts in the lab. This includes determining the correct test setup and measurements required, ensuring that the tests are performed correctly, testing the product and completing the necessary paperwork, selecting and maintaining suitable equipment for the various radio types in production and in development and ensuring that the infrastructure to perform mandatory radio compliance testing and certification is in place. Other responsibilities include establishing, implementing, coordinating and executing regulatory radio test plans throughout the development cycle for a product, tracking the new developments in the regulatory industry with respect to radio compliance requirements, maintaining documentation and providing input on radio compliance.
• The candidate must have a BS degree, and 1+ years of experience as a radio compliance test engineer, preferably in a high-volume consumer electronics environment
• The candidate should have a working knowledge of RF principles, radio testing and design and radio regulatory requirements (such as FCC parts 15, 22, 24, 27 and similar worldwide requirements).
• The candidate should have the ability to develop radio test plans, analyze radio compliance test data, write radio compliance test specifications/procedures and interpret regulatory radio standards for Information Technology equipment (ITE).
• Ability to work with ambiguities is a must.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to seamlessly work across groups and at all levels.
Successful Candidates will have:
• Good knowledge of regulatory radio compliance process
• Radio compliance test and mitigation expertise
• Experience with the RF test equipment
• Good understanding of cellular technologies
• GSM, WCDMA, UMTS, LTE and other wireless technologies like Bluetooth, 802.11WLAN.
• Strong cross-functional and collaborative team skills
• A team orientation with superior interpersonal awareness
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills
• A good understanding of international regulatory radio compliance requirements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hardware engineering