Microsoft Corporation PIE Senior Software Engineer in Redmond, Washington
The Cloud Engineering Services team produces world-class engineering infrastructure to develop and operate large scale cloud service workloads.
Are you passionate about cloud computing? Are you motivated to find ways to improve systems and processes? As the platform continues its rapid expansion, the focus for our team is building new, real-time, and extensible services that will guide Azure customers. The platform provides cloud services to millions of customers around the globe 24x7. We strive to provide uninterrupted service at global scale? deployment to tens of thousands of systems, monitoring billions of events, and supporting hundreds of services.
Our organization is looking for someone who is:
• Passionate about distributed systems and building high scale services
• Likes to work in an agile development team that iterates rapidly (at least weekly deployments)
• Loves new technological challenges and excels at solving them
• Excited about making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deployment process
• Developers in the team wear many hats and demonstrate technical breadth, depth, and leadership.
• You will participate in all stages of the engineering lifecycle.
• As a senior engineer, you will provide hands-on, technical leadership in your assigned area.
• 7+ Years design and services development experience.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or 4 years of equivalent IT work experience.
• 3+ years of experience implementing and/or operating large scale software services, components, or feature areas.
• Demonstrated proficiency in coding, code reviews, and technical communication.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams.
**Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
*Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. Development (engineering)