Microsoft Corporation Operations Program Manager: Data Governance in Redmond, Washington
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
The following responsibilities encompass the Data Governance and Operations Program Management.
• Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
• Lead OEM Data Governance Council on policy, procedures and Data Security matrix to align with overall Operations Data strategy; bring required parties on board to protect OEM and Microsoft confidential data and partner data collection strategy and process
• Lead to publish annual data policy training for OEM and Microsoft stakeholders for easy data access and evangelizing proper data usage
• Work closely with business stakeholders to understand new data points being collected from Partners as part of OEM business and ensure proper handling of the dataset approved to onboard
• Provide thought leadership and participate with projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processes; provide input and feedback to the Operations Data Excellence team and lead the functional teams with best practice in place
• Create and implement a control plan, monitor all BI reporting and analytics, and analyze any variance found outside of acceptable and approved governance policy
• Manage a vendor resource to effectively and efficiently handle support inquiries for both internal and external stakeholders, maintain and manage OEM BI and DG SharePoint
• Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
• Manage intake process for OEM BI team and lead the team’s Program Management activities
• Manage Quarterly user access Audit process with a vendor resource along with annual attestation distribution and renewal process
• Recommend improvements in methodologies or frameworks to achieve consistent, predictable, and repeatable processes across OEM ROC and Operations Data Excellence team
• Build a Data Excellence community in support of the transactional and BI solutions to share best practices, contribute as a thought leader on the use of data to serve the organization
• Passion for excellence, strong collaboration, and driving efficient outcomes. You should be very comfortable working across teams to lead and build consensus, resolve conflicts, and create positive long-term working relationships. You should also be able to work in a global environment, in a rapidly changing space, and be able to represent the team to customers, partners, and internal or external leadership.
• Data Governance Council and Reviews
• Data Collection Strategy Team and Reviews
• Quarterly Audits, Data Security
• Data Security Requests and OEM BI Intake Process
• Lead Data Excellence Community / Influence Data Strategy in Operations
• Bachelor’s degree
• Degree in a quantitative field (Sciences, Engineering, Economics, etc.) or related work experience
• Master’s degree in a quantitative field preferred but not required.
• Basic knowledge of databases and Data Governance
• 3-5 years of experience as an Operations PM
• Experience with User Access and Security
• Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
• PMP / Program Management Certification
• Ability to effectively blend Program Management Processes in agile world
• Self-starter with a strong passion, expert at prioritization, time management and expectation setting.
• Ability to intelligently integrate a wide range of data needs and analysis to answer core business questions and discover growth opportunities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to present and discuss solutions to a range of audiences across development, operations and business teams in Microsoft
• Exceptional ability to effectively negotiate and collaborate across teams and organizations with proven ability to provide hands on practical use of proper data handling processes
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Supply chain & operations management