Microsoft Corporation Marketing Communications Manager in Redmond, Washington
Office Marketing Organic Team – Commercial Content Manager
The Office Marketing Organic Team is a newly-formed team within Office Marketing with a mission to significantly grow organic search traffic to key commercial Office web properties.
It does so by combining best-practice approaches to SEO, creative storytelling, analytics, influencers and social media (paid and organic) to create content that is relevant and valuable to commercial audiences – with the ultimate goal of making it even easier for them to choose the right Office 365 product.
As we embark on this journey, we’re looking for the very best integrated marketers to join our team. You’ll likely already be working in a fairly senior marketing role and are now looking to take your experience to the next level and make real commercial impact in an exciting new marketing function.
As Commercial Content Manager, your main responsibility will be to grow quality, organic web traffic to key commercial areas of the website. You will own the strategy, analysis, production, execution and reporting of commercially-focused content to ensure this continued growth. We’ll be specifically looking for you to:
• Take responsibility and be recognized as the business owner for your work and be an active collaborator with other teams
• Be confident working with multiple data points and reports to inform your strategic direction and creative output and clearly articulate the business impact to the org
• Understand and translate often complex business requirements into actionable activity so that we can fully support the broader Office Marketing and GTM activity
• Own relationships with internal and external creative and content partners to define and execute creative content that it is produced in line with audience or commercial requirements
• Plan the execution of paid social media activity so that we can fully support our web content in social channels
• Partner with your GDC/GEP peers to ensure constant alignment to business goals and fully support their goals alongside your own
• Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Marketing, PR, Communications or related field
• Minimum 5+ years of proven success in related field, with experience linking search and social media or integrated marketing channels (SEM, SEO, PR, CRM).
• Strong analytical thinker with the ability to use data to drive decision-making and strategy and convert complex findings into actionable activity
• At home with social platform such as like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, blogs etc. and a proven understanding of key social media tools and tracking mechanisms
• Copywriting and proof-reading skills essential
• The ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize several complex projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate the initiative to make decisions and/or take actions as needed without significant guidance, prompting or involvement of your manager
• Articulate and empathetic
Some travel required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.