Microsoft Corporation Director, Research & Future AI in Redmond, Washington
Do you have what it takes to lead communications for Microsoft Research and Quantum. Can you tell epic stories about AI and future innovations? Are you passionate about the next frontier of technology and working with world class researchers, data scientists, engineers and leaders to design and execute cutting-edge communication programs to drive awareness and positive perception change with technical, business and end user audiences? Do you have a history of influencing the influencers?, managing in a matrixed world and the constantly evolving new media environment? If so - we want to talk with you!
The AI & Research Communications team is looking for a Communications powerhouse to manage Microsoft Research Communications and help us tell our all up AI story to audiences around the world. To showcase Microsoft innovation, you will lead a team to mine for great stories to push the frontiers of computing with Quantum, AI and more. It’s a quixotic mix of thought leadership, team leadership, storytelling and product PR. To be successful you’ll need to expertly bridge senior researchers, data scientists, engineers and marketing stakeholders in order to shape, influence and knit together communications agendas from multiple parties. You’ll need to be a guru at prioritization. Then you’ll masterfully lead a team to inspire them to focus on the right priorities and empower them to achieve greatness. Your focus will be influencers at scale, but you’ll have a passion for customer communications, non-traditional influencers, AI and Quantum technologies in particular, and an understanding of outbound marketing communications levers. A sample of what you’ll be responsible for is included below, in partnership with a team of 2-3 communications professionals. The small, yet elite team, is about to change how people think about Microsoft and the future of technology.
AI and Research Communications Priorities:
• Create and execute a communications strategy for Microsoft Research including a strong prioritization of areas of focus.
• Tell deep stories about Microsoft innovation including Quantum, Microsoft Research key priorities and AI.
• Drive event narratives for examples and proof points coming from Microsoft Research.
• Provide subject matter expertise and counsel on Research, Quantum and some AI related communications issues.
• Maintain an active ROB with researchers, data scientists, engineering, marketing, executive communications and field teams.
• Develop and maintain content, messaging and positioning guidance on Microsoft Research, Quantum and some future AI innovations.
• Partner with and manage external agency resources
Skills and Experiences, we are looking for:
• Undergraduate Degree
• 7+ years of technical communications, PR, marketing, experience
• 3+ years experience leading and managing communications teams - both full time employees and vendors/agency
• Excellent communications, writing and project management skills
• Exceptional track record as a manager and mentor showcasing the ability to help team mates reach their maximum potential.
• Strong ability to prioritize and get alignment from leaders around you to support your choices. Experience marketing to IT, academic, business or developer audiences
• Experience leading an agency with positive outcomes and strong partnership
• Candidates should have a proven track record of cross-group collaboration, the ability to influence executives, corporate and field teams, business maturity and grace under pressure.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.