Microsoft Corporation Director Business Strategy in Redmond, Washington
The Team: Small and Medium Business (SMB) team is part of the Commercial Growth Organization (CGO). The goal of this team is to deliver scalable sales strategies and initiatives to best reach 75million small and medium businesses worldwide. Working closely with our scale engines (Partners, Global Demand Center, Inside Sales, Stores etc.), we strive to put powerful small business solutions based on Microsoft technologies in the hands of entrepreneurs worldwide. In the process, we help Microsoft accelerate towards achieving the $1.7T Digital Transformation opportunity world-wide.
The Role: The Business Strategy Director role is a key sales strategy leadership role within the worldwide SMB team. This role is responsible for creating strategies and initiatives across engines to enable and support the SMB field and its partners to accelerate the acquisition and transition of our small & medium business customers to the Microsoft Cloud (Azure, Office 365/Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365).
Success of this role and SMB team will be measured by the following key metrics:
• Increase in Customer Reach for overall Microsoft business SMB via Microsoft Cloud offerings.
• Increase in Customer Adds/Net Paid Subscribers for Microsoft Cloud offerings.
• SMB Billed Revenue from New Customers Acquired
• Building and refining a business strategy and go-to-market/sales initiatives focused on helping field and partners acquire net new SMB customers to Microsoft Cloud.
• Ensure high quality go-to-market/sales initiative execution through well-defined and well-operationalized landing plan that provides optimal experience for field, partners and customers. Continually learn and refine strategy and go-to-markets.
• Collaborate deeply across key stakeholders in Solution Area, Scale Engine (Partner, Global Demand Center, Inside Sales etc.) and Business Group/Product marketing organizations.
• Build strong partnerships across the WW SMB leaders to learn, share best practices and ensure successful market execution of the go-to-markets. Enable field teams to best capitalize on acquisition opportunities in each geography.
• Build deep understanding of SMB customer landscape so we can be strategic and nimble in going after biggest customer acquisition opportunities. Understand competitive strategies in this area to best inform and shape our own.
• Leadership impact within SMC LT, CGO LT and WW OCP LT to help accelerate business transformation and impact across all teams.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Capabilities:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 10+ years Business Strategy experience required
• 10+ years of experience directly focused on Cloud Computing, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and SMB business.
• Demonstrated ability in managing complex and strategic businesses, preferably subscription and/or SMB business, with a proven track record of delivering above average results against goals.
• Experience working with or running scale sales & marketing engines to deliver SMB or consumer business outcomes is a plus.
• Highly self-directed with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Strong interpersonal, listening and influencing skills.
• Strong orientation toward innovation, exploration, and creativity; and a belief in the value of technology and the difference it can make in people’s lives.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sales