Microsoft Corporation DATA SCIENCE LEAD in Redmond, Washington
If you want to work on machine learning at petabyte scale for concrete business problems in creating value, this is the role for you. Our team is within the Universal Store organization in WDG, responsible for providing the knowledge graph platform, customer engagement, marketing/sales and anti-fraud systems. Our team is uniquely positioned at Microsoft to build knowledge and insights across all major consumer and commercial businesses and have a common and unified view of our customers across Microsoft services.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Applied Science Manager to lead and grow our Applied ML team. The candidate will be passionate about delivering high scale, near real-time machine learned capabilities, and will lead the ML investments for mission critical services in the Microsoft ecosystem. The candidate will engage with other teams across Microsoft to drive machine learned solutions for establishing and maintaining deep customer relationships across the Microsoft ecosystem.
• 5 or more years of experience in hiring, developing, and leading data science team(s)
• 10 or more years of product development and shipping experience and cross-group collaboration
• Working knowledge in applied machine learning at scale, including knowledge of relevant technologies and platforms
• Deep background in all aspects of software engineering and product development lifecycle
• Demonstrated success in building teams, strong people, customer and partner relationships
• Superb intellectual and strategic capabilities with strong communication skills that convey expertise and confidence
• Demonstrated customer focus with the ability to prioritize towards improving overall customer experience
• Focus on getting things done efficiently and with quality, engaging for action.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
. Data & applied sciences (engineering)