Microsoft Corporation Creative Director - Foundry team in Redmond, Washington
Are you a dreamer, tinkerer, creative and technical thinker? Do you seek out new technologies, stay up to date on the latest research and future trends? If yes, we want you to consider a role in the Foundry team. Within the New Experiences and Technology (NEXT) group of Windows, Foundry is a multi-disciplinary team creating hardware differentiated experiences for future devices that enable users to achieve more with Windows. Our team of talented designers, engineers and program managers is that rare mix of audacious creativity and prudent problem solving. We are consistently striving to deliver bold, creative solutions anchored by principled research. Expect a fast-paced, fluid environment where collaboration, communication, and professionalism are key, and where we create without fear.
We are hiring a Creative Director to join us in reimagining how humans will interact with technology and seamlessly blend the digital and physical worlds. You are both an experienced leader and confident designer who seeks excellence in all aspects of the creative process. A strong collaborator and relationship builder, you seek out opportunities to connect across the company; looking for ways to combine, align and amplify efforts. You will be key in envisioning, directing and inspiring great designs that push the boundaries of what is possible today.
• Help shape the creative vision and design of new experiences that span hardware and software.
• Work closely with partner design teams to create a vision and define showcase experiences on new devices.
• Document design decisions for consumption by the broader studio team, as well as key partner teams.
• Manage and develop career plans for a group of designers.
• Foster a creative, inclusive environment that empowers every individual to contribute fully.
• Lead the creation and direction of product vision demos and prototypes, which establish and drive product-wide concepts, brand narratives, and experience value propositions.
You are a great fit for this position if you:
• 8+ years’ experience in designing for software products or web applications
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in recruiting, managing and leading teams
• A portfolio demonstrating interaction design across multiple device categories as well as precise design documentation
• Excellent interpersonal and inspiration skills.
• Aware of trends in design and new technologies.
• Ability to create and guide others in the creation of lo-fi to hi-fi visualizations and prototypes.
• Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD or equivalent.
• Rapid prototyping.
• Product or experience incubation.
• Industrial design.
• Working on a multi-disciplinary team of designers and developers.
• Have worked within or collaborated with a research organization.
• Experience with large, cross-organization software projects.
• Shipped multiple far reaching products involving hardware and software integration.
Education and Experience:
• BS or higher degree in Design, Computer Engineering or Science, product design experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.