Washington State Employment Connections Specialist (WSS4 2017-06005) Omak in Omak, Washington
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for an Employment Connections Specialist 4 at WorkSource Omak. This position will support all WorkSource lines of business and is capable and ready to serve all WorkSource customers. The incumbent will provide direct services to job seekers and employers both inside the WorkSource office and out in the community. This position will represent the agency in providing integrated services to all customers.
- Develop and provide comprehensive, customer-centered employment and training services.
- Develop and sustain relationships with vendors and the community; keep informed of available external resources and referrals.
- Conduct outreach and develop partnerships with community members and organizations for the purpose of providing information in remote, rural areas of the service delivery area.
- Strengthen relationships with the Community College, community based organizations, Economic Development and services providers throughout the service delivery area.
- Coach and train staff on ESD initiatives as assigned by leadership; work with staff on an ongoing basis to ensure all staff work as a team and support assigned measures.
- Support and assist site supervisors and management in providing direction, leadership and training to staff.
- Collaborate with WorkSource partners regarding enrollments, program guidelines, and training recommendations; negotiate and confirm customer eligibility.
- Attend community meetings and events; represent the workforce partnership process; communicate and work closely with internal and external partners; be responsive to requests.
- Coordinate resources with partners; communicate and promote agency and partner programs and services to encourage maximum utilization of available incentives.
- Contact potential employers to identify business needs and determine job opportunities for customers; conduct needs assessment of businesses employee needs; perform job development to promote the hiring of program participants develop and monitor on-the-job, work experience, and other training contracts.
- Perform records management functions in accordance with agency and program procedures.
- Facilitate orientations and workshops. Qualifications
- Working-level general knowledge of the workforce one-stop system and partner programs and services.
- Working-level knowledge of oral communication skills - convey information orally according to the needs of the audience, and receive and understand spoken information.
- Working-level knowledge of group facilitation techniques..
- Working-level knowledge of business relationship building and networking.
- Working-level knowledge of workload management skills - plan and organize assignments to create timely, accurate work products. Work efficiently, remain focused, and handle interruptions effectively. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete. Other Information
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Please contact the Recruitment Team regarding this announcement at 360-902-9560 and refer to Requsition #05475; HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov or Washington Relay Service 711 if you are a person with a disability needing assistance in the application process, if you need this job announcement in an alternate format, or with general questions about this opportunity.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Salary: $41,232.00 - $54,072.00 Annually
Location: Okanogan County – Omak, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Employment Security Department
Job Number: 2017-06005
Closing: 7/30/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact