Washington State Tax Policy Specialist 2 in Olympia, Washington
This non-permanent opportunity is expected to last 12 months and is open to permanent Department of Revenue employees only.
The Interpretations & Technical Advice (ITA) division is looking for fresh talent to join our team! ITA is a fun, dedicated team of professionals committed to providing excellent customer service to advance consistent, legally sound and well-balanced tax policy.
As a vital member of our team you will have the opportunity to draft clear and easy to understand tax guidance to make tax reporting easier for businesses, help develop state tax policy, and think creatively all while enjoying a variety of challenging work assignments and experiencing the work-life balance you'll want; all with no billable hours!
A typical day as a Tax Policy Specialist 2 (TPS 2) may include:
- Reviewing, drafting and revising rules (Washington Administrative Code) or other tax policy guidance.
- Conducting public meetings, hearings, or other stakeholder outreach regarding proposed rules and interpretative guidance.
- Researching historical agency interpretations and conducting technical and policy analysis on difficult tax issues in support of other divisions and ITA management.
- Participating in department implementation projects with statewide or even national significance.
Click here to find out more about Department of Revenue
To join us at the TPS 2 level you will possess:
A bachelor's degree in taxation, finance, accounting, business administration, public administration, or closely allied field.
Four years of professional experience in tax administration, tax auditing, tax collection or tax program/policy analysis.
In addition to the above qualifications preferred applicants will possess:
- Knowledge and experience with Washington State tax law.
- Excellent analytical, writing, problem solving, and oral communication skills.
- A creative, flexible, and service-oriented approach to work.
- Capability to handle complex, thorny tax issues in a big picture, solutions-oriented environment.
Excellent research skills and demonstrated proficient use of tax resources. To be considered;
Complete the online application in detail, as it will be used as your initial resume.
- Attach a cover letter explaining how you meet the qualifications listed.
*To take advantage of Veteran's preference *please attach your DD-214, member 4 long form, or your NGB-22. Please black out your social security number prior to attaching.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 704-5738.
Human Resources may use this job announcement to fill multiple similar vacancies for up to six months.
The Department of Revenue is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and offer a respectful, inclusive culture for people with disabilities, as well as members of all protected groups and statuses. We encourage you to apply.
If you need help during the application process, please call the Human Resources Office at 360-704-5731. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Salary: $4,737.00 - $6,217.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Agency Internal - Non-Permanent
Department: Dept. of Revenue
Job Number: 2017-00136
Closing: 8/21/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact