Washington State Facilities Services Coordinator  in Olympia, Washington
Office Services within the Administrative Services Division is seeking a highly skilled Facilities Services Coordinator.
The Facilities Services Coordinator is responsible for managing the agency's facilities located in Olympia, Seattle, and Spokane. Other responsibilities include: completing and coordinating building maintenance with the building owners, producing keycards for the Olympia office, staff identification badges, and supporting a workplace safety program.
Does this sound like your perfect opportunity? If so, we invite you to apply today!
- Responds to employee and management inquiries about, or requests for, alteration in facilities, including basic facility maintenance such as hanging white boards, mounting monitors, assembling workstations etc.
- Assists in the drafting and review of policies, procedures and forms related to agency facilities, parking and safety.
- Coordinates facility maintenance requests and resolution of facility-related problems independently, with building owners/representatives, and the Department of Enterprise Services.
- Coordinates any alteration and tenant improvements with the Department of Enterprise Services, building owners/representatives, vendors and other appropriate government entities.
- Meets with customers to inspect job site, determine exact intent of proposed work, assure project meets safety, building accessibility, environment and construction codes and applicable regulations.
- Works with vendors to estimate material and work hours necessary to accomplish project.
- Coordinates purchase requests and contracts with vendors as necessary. Inspects work in progress and assures timely completion.
- Assists with the Olympia building keycard system, issuing keycards and troubleshooting door problems.
- Works with computerized HVAC system.
- Prepares the facilities inventory and planning reports required by the Department of Enterprise Services.
- Manages agency janitorial contractor and oversees janitorial services to ensure contractual requirements are fulfilled.
- Assists the Emergency Management & Safety Administrator and Commerce Safety Committee in implementing a workplace safety program.
- Participates in accident and injury investigations with the Human Resources Unit when the accident or injury is facility-related.
- Serves as an integral member of the Modern Work Environment (MWE) team. Provides facility-related subject matter expertise to the MWE team and internal stakeholders implementing MWE projects.
- Serves as the Agency Transportation Officer (ATO) to ensure all agency vehicles remain safe and operational.
- Reports or coordinates reporting of vehicle mileage on a monthly basis to the Department of Enterprise Services (DES), attends and participates in ATO meetings, coordinates routine and emergency vehicle maintenance needs with DES Fleet Services, works with the Managing Director for Office Services to add and remove vehicles, as necessary. Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, business or public administration, education or allied field OR four years of journey-level experience in one or more skilled trades. Experience will may be substituted year for year for education. AND
Two years of experience planning, scheduling or coordinating facility maintenance and construction projects.
- Extensive project management experience.
- Facilities oversight/management experience.
- Knowledge of procedures needed to plan and manage facility maintenance projects appropriately.
Basic carpentry skills and drafting knowledge. Required Competencies:
Effective communication and meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and in stressful situations.
Strong background in providing excellent customer service. Desired Qualifications:
Knowledge of safety codes, standards and regulations and procedures for conducting regular safety inspections of facilities, equipment, and activities either independently or as a member of an inspection team.
- Experience in coordinating alterations and tenant improvements and in resolving facility-related problems with building
- Experience in Modern Work Environment implementation, including space use allocation and planning
- Experience in developing a 6-year Facilities Plan in accordance with Office of Financial Management requirements Supplemental Information
I want to work for Commerce! How do I apply?
In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position:
- A letter of interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position;
- A current resume detailing experience and education; and
- A list of at least three professional references.
The initial screening will be solely based on the contents and completeness of your application and the materials submitted. All information may be verified and documentation may be required.
For questions about this recruitment, please contact Lindsey Henderson at 360-725-2650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are:
At Commerce, we're a little different. But for you, it might just be the perfect fit. We're a state agency but operate like a business with the understanding we need to know our customer's needs to fulfill them. Our Olympia offices are open Monday through Friday (flexible schedules are available). Many of our employees bike year round. We also have an active bicycle loaner program.
Washington State offers commuting programs, including free, subsidized and reduced public transportation incentives. There are approximately 300 employees in our agency. We are committed to our work and value balance in our personal lives. We hire people for a position and encourage them to train for growth opportunities.
If this sounds like a good fit for you and you meet the qualifications, we encourage you to apply today!
What we do:
We are the lead state agency charged with enhancing and promoting sustainable community and economic vitality in Washington. We administer a diverse portfolio of more than 100 programs and several state boards and commissions, all focused on achieving one clear and simple mission: to grow and improve jobs in Washington.
Our key customers include businesses, local governments and community-based organizations. We also play the crucial role of convening numerous local, state, regional and federal partners and stakeholders, public and private. Together we work to support the Governor's priorities and achieve shared goals and objectives for the citizens of Washington.
Not from Olympia?
As the state's capitol, Olympia is located off Interstate 5 at the south end of the Puget Sound roughly half-way between Seattle and Portland, and less than a two hour drive to the coast, temperate rainforest, mountains, urban city, or farmlands. With year-round art festivals, parades, theater shows, concerts, and community events, Olympia and its surrounding cities have something for everyone. For parents, it boasts some of the best schools in the nation and the renowned HandsOn Children's Museum. Home to two universities (The Evergreen State College and Saint Martin's University), Olympia residents also have the opportunity to pursue a degree while working!
This position is covered by a union security provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, candidates who are appointed are required to become members of the Washington Federation of State Employees, or pay other representational fees within the first 30 days of employment.
The Washington State Department of Commerce complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the federal Form I-9. The selected candidate must be able to provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States consistent with the requirements of that form on the first day of employment.
_The Washington State Department of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons needing accommodation in the application, testing, or interview process or this job announcement in an alternative format may call Human Resources at (360) 725-2650. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Salary: $3,612.00 - $4,737.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Commerce
Job Number: 2017-07142
Closing: 8/23/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact