Washington State Deputy Chief Information Officer in Olympia, Washington
View the complete job description on our Jobs page https://www.sbctc.edu/about/jobs/default.aspx.
The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) Information Technology division seeks a Deputy Chief Information Officer (CIO) to lead its fast-paced, customer-focused team.
The Deputy CIO manages all aspects of technology for Washington state's community and technical college system, including:
- Enterprise applications - Including technology operations, infrastructure, software and application support, development and delivery, information security, vendor management, and technology compliance.
- Technical vision - Helps to establish the SBCTC and college system's technical vision and lead various aspects of technology development.
SBCTC's security program - Including, but not limited to, daily operations of the IT security program, oversight of the annual and ongoing risk assessment process, development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures. Duties
Provide vision, enable innovation and understand the IT trends to create value by tracking a broad range of emerging technologies to determine their maturity and applicability to the enterprise.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms for delivering the SBCTC's services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve goals by identifying and prioritizing initiatives and setting timelines for the evaluation, development and deployment of services.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the SBCTC's resources are used responsibly.
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to assess and recommend technologies that support community and technical college enterprise needs.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the system's data.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Communicate the SBCTC's technology strategy to management, staff, partners, and stakeholders.
- As a member of the senior management team, participate in the ctcLink project at various levels.
- Responsible for the SBCTC's service management strategy and the implementation and monitoring of service management best practices.
- Provide project management support.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices.
- Define and communicate SBCTC values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the agency.
- Ensure the technology standards and best practices are maintained across the SBCTC and college system.
- Share knowledge, mentor and educate management, staff and stakeholders with regard to the SBCTC's technological vision, opportunities and challenges.
- Ensure agency technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for vendors through service level agreements.
- Ensure the agency's internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security and social responsibility.
- Promote achievement of the SBCTC's goals within a context of collaboration by developing policies for sharing technological innovation, business processes and other intellectual property.
- Contribute to standardization of technologies and evolution of best practices by collaborating with peers outside the agency.
- Ensures the organization complies with the administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
- Serves in a leadership role for security compliance.
- Serves as information security consultant to SBCTC departments and colleges for data security related issues.
- Builds and administers a strategic and comprehensive information security program.
- Perform other related work as required. Qualifications
The successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively, think creatively, act resourcefully, and exhibit excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related filed. Or equivalent combination of related work experience.
- Typically have 10 or more years of IT and business/industry work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management, and infrastructure planning and operations, with 5 to 7 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Chief Information Security Officer Certifications desired.
The preferred candidate will exhibit the following:
- Superior project development/management skills.
- Must be a strong communicator with visionary leadership, a business perspective and a passion for inspiring and developing people.
- Ability to be flexible, decision oriented, and motivated to establish support from executive management.
- Demonstrate consultative approach to strategic decisions with a particular emphasis on service delivery.
- Strong technical and strategic understanding of the architecture necessary to oversee and leverage platforms in an aggressive growth environment.
- A proven track record in managing vendor relationships and contract negotiation.
- Ability to set and mange priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Superior analytical evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Supplemental Information
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 360-704-1847
- Mail: Christine Salvador, HRC SBCTC Human Resource Office PO Box 42495 Olympia, WA 98504-2495
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Salary: $110,168.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Exempt
Department: State Board for Community & Technical Colleges (SBCTC)
Job Number: 2017-10
Closing: 10/6/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact