Washington State Assistant Research Project Manager - TPS4 in Olympia, Washington
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is actively searching for an Assistant Research Project Manager to join our team in Olympia, WA. This position is recognized as the agency's expert on state and federal research programs and grant opportunities. It is up to the Assistant Research Project Manager to lead multidisciplinary teams on research and special projects which evaluate new technologies, innovations, and best practices in engineering and transportation program delivery. With fresh ideas and innovative solutions the incumbent of this position will research, develop, analyze and propose solicitations for grant funds that best fit WSDOT's needs and objectives.
Are you a recognized consultant in the transportation field? Do you have the ability to communicate complex information to a diverse customer group? Are you ready to take your career to the management level? If you answered yes to these questions, we highly recommend you take advantage of this exciting opportunity.
At WSDOT we champion diversity and welcome applicants with varying backgrounds and experiences. WSDOT also offers outstanding benefits, a generous amount of paid time off (True Work-Life Balance), a defined benefit pension retirement plan, advancement opportunities, and much more. Click here for more information regarding our comprehensive benefits package
This position will perform the following work:
- Analyze complex federal and state solicitations for grant funding.
- Prepare proposals, reports, and studies and carry out appropriate method of communication to a diverse customer group.
- Review, interpret, and advise on the results and findings of research for the deployment and use of new products, technologies, and practices.
- Develop tools and assess risks and benefits of engaging in new products and business practices.
- Manage research implementation database and accounting for savings from research investments.
- Review research project implementation plans and advise Research Engineer.
- Solicit proposals for funding opportunities from federal and state grant programs.
- Participate in meetings and collaborations with other state and federal agencies, universities, students and WSDOT staff to develop research implementation and deployment plans and activities.
- Support a team of program managers who oversee WSDOT's operations, multimodal and engineering research programs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three (3) years of Transportation experience with responsibility for developing funding proposals, research or contract scope of work, and communication programs or tools to communicate transportation related studies, programs, or projects.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Experience working in multidisciplinary committees, task forces or groups.
- Research experience involving collection of data, analysis, and presentation on a transportation or related topic.
- Ability to ensure data, analysis, and research are organized, documented, and communicated in a way that can be understood, interpreted, and acted upon.
- Build positive working relationships with federal, state, and local agencies.
- Communicate project and technical information effectively using verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Ability to interpret laws, rules, and instructions.
- Ability to work in a diverse office with tight schedules, constantly changing assignments while maintaining excellent customer service.
How to Apply:Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please select the large "apply" button at the top of this announcement. You may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions, as part of the supplemental questions you will need to provide a letter of interest. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
Contact us:For inquiries about this position, please contact Erik Lunkeat 360-705-7747 or email to email@example.com. Please reference recruitment number 17DOT-HQ-04436.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call or email the recruiter.
Salary: $62,748.00 - $82,344.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 17DOT-HQ-04436
Closing: 10/26/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact