GlaxoSmithKline Account Manager - Vaccines in Olympia, Washington
Account Manager - Vaccines
Open date:Oct 12, 2017 2:09 PM
Experience required:4 years
Email a friend
Basic qualifications:• Bachelor’s Degree
• Valid Driver’s License
• 4 years’ pharmaceutical sales experience
• Must be able and willing to drive or operate a vehicle – driving is an essential function of this role.
Preferred qualifications:• 4 years’ of Account Management experience directly involved in hospitals / hospital systems or public health systems
• Master’s Degree – Business, Public Health, Hospital Admin, etc.
• 2 years Vaccine sales experience
• Contract Experience
Details:As a Private Account Manager within the Vaccines Business Unit, you will be accountable for developing and growing strategically key accounts within the Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) and/or Medical Group customer segments. By clearly understanding the needs of your customers, you and your team will develop and deliver customer value propositions that describe how the VBU’s immunization product and service solutions can create superior customer value.
Utilizing effective account management strategies, you will be responsible for developing new and existing customer account opportunities and for nurturing long-term business partnerships. As a successful Private Account Manager, you will add to the growth of the VBU overall, by generating demand for our immunization products and solutions; and increasing revenues through renewable business relationships.
Develop, manage and grow key customer relationships by orchestrating the deployment of VBU resources to provide comprehensive immunization product and service solutions to strategically important accounts.
Lead the development and execution of the B2B selling process for targeted key accounts in coordination with sales force teammates and home office stakeholders:
• Account research, planning and goal setting.
• Account needs and opportunities identification.
• Value proposition development and delivery.
• Purchasing and implementation / first order facilitation.
• Value proposition reinforcement.
• Account expansion strategy and tactics.
• Capture and share best practices with field and home office stakeholders to increase institutional knowledge of IDN and Medical Group segments.
• Establish and manage territory goals.
Responsible for managing several projects at any given time. The implementation of an IDN / Medical Group vaccine portfolio conversion is highly complex and the PAM will be responsible for managing multiple conversions in any given quarter.
This position operates within a highly-regulated environment. Will require internal GSK collaboration with RSD, contracting, legal, marketing and other functional areas as required. Ideas generated by the position will have an impact on GSK as the role is a novel approach to specific types of customer, customer who operate horizontally and/or vertically integrated healthcare systems.
• Ability to listen and understand customer needs.
• Ability to translate customer needs into a customer value proposition.
• Applying flexible and creative thinking when developing new business solutions and value propositions that meet the needs of the customer.
• Communicating value propositions using written and oral presentation methods.
• Ability to negotiate and gain customer agreement for solutions that benefit both GSK and the customer.
• Building relationships with multiple stakeholders across internal divisions (PPV, Med Center, Pharma) and external customers.
• Influencing and facilitating the execution of business plans that impact multiple teams and individuals
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency ReportingFor the Recordsite.