Washington State DSHS Food Service Worker in Medical Lake, Washington
We need an experienced jack of all trades to join our food service team. What separates you from other applicants is your passion, attention to detail and willingness to learn. Your final product is always something you are proud of. If you know a lot about the operation of a commercial kitchen and are enthusiastic about creating and serving quality food, this is an exciting opportunity to jump-start your career as a Food Service Worker.
The Food Service Worker is part of a team that provides top quality food for patients. The position is responsible for a variety of tasks to ensure excellent customer service, quality and safety in providing food and nutritional services for Eastern State Hospital (ESH). We have multiple shifts and schedules available in jobs with benefits.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Kitchen Sanitation, dishwashing and floor cleaning
- Prepare, dish and serve foods per therapeutic dietary needs, guidelines, recipes and menus.
- Set-up, load and deliver food and supplies to ward kitchen
- Comply with and monitor food temperature
Who we are most interested in: Applicants who have:
- Knowledge of kitchen and dining room work, personal hygiene, sanitation and housekeeping practices, operation of standard kitchen appliances, care and use of kitchen utensils and equipment
- Ability to learn routines involved in preparing and serving food according to therapeutic dietary orders, recipes and menus
- Ability to follow instructions and directions given by supervisors/lead
- Have or obtain a Spokane County food handler's permit by start date.
Who we are: To learn more about Eastern State Hospital and how our staff makes a difference in transforming lives click here.
Questions? Contact Brenda Fitzpatrick and reference #06310.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $2,130.00 - $2,718.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County - Medical Lake, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2017-06310
Closing: 7/30/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact