Washington State DSHS Attendant Counselor 3 in Medical Lake, Washington
If you are looking to advance your career supporting people with intellectual disabilities and utilize your leadership skills to guide clients and staff towards a better tomorrow, then here's an opportunity for you!
We are looking for an Attendant Counselor 3 to join our team at Lakeland Village in Medical Lake.
Available Location: Apple Cottage
Shift: * *2:45 pm to 11:00 pm Monday - Friday with Saturday and Sunday off.
In this job you will act as a shift charge. You will:
- Assign staff duties, instruct and check the work of others
- Assist and train client in all areas of Activities of Daily Living and personal care
- Function as a member of an interdisciplinary team including developing, documenting, modifying and carrying out planned formal (data based) programs, including collecting and recording data on a daily basis and reporting at least annually to HPA/ACM
- Accompany and supervise clients ensuring health and safety of the clients to/from and during activities and appointments
- Observe, report, and document changes in individuals' physical/mental condition or unusual behaviors
- Provide client safety, security, and protection
- Implement individualized behavioral support plans using sophisticated training techniques
- Be able to manage aggressive behaviors and restrain clients during a behavioral emergency, within agency approved methods
- Transfer, reposition, move clients, equipment and objects about cottage and campus
- Order through approved methods to ensure the cottage has adequate working amounts of linens and commissary supplies
- Keep accurate records and count of all supplies received and issued for the cottage
Here's who we're looking for:
Individuals with a high school diploma or GED and one of the following:
- two years of experience working with clients with developmental disabilities
- two years of experience as an Attendant Counselor 1, equivalent or higher level state class
Questions? Contact Lynette Ryder at 360-829-4956 and reference 07333.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $2,778.00 - $3,612.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County - Medical Lake, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2017-07333
Closing: 8/23/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact