Washington State DSHS Administrative Assistant 3 in Medical Lake, Washington
Join us in Transforming Lives!
Are you a team player? Do you like working in a fast-paced environment? If you have a strong administrative background, this is an excellent opportunity for you!
Eastern State Hospital is seeking an experienced, confident, and dynamic person to join our team as an Administrative Assistant 3 located in Medical Lake, Washington.
You will provide complex Administrative and customer services support to the Chief Administrative Officer/Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Accounting Department, Payroll Department, Medical Records Department, Information Technology Department, Utilization Review Department and Central Supply Department. You will take on a wide range of day-to-day responsibilities which require extensive knowledge of a variety of regulations, rules, policies, procedures, processes, materials, and equipment with little supervision.
Some of what you will be doing:
- Conduct confidential assignments at the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer/CFO.
- Internal inquiries into issues such as staffing and various confidential special projects. Maintain check log of payments received by facility; follow-up on questions, inconsistencies or incomplete information.
- Follow-up and resolution of confidential payroll concerns with employees.
- Process and request facility and maintenance repairs both routine and emergent in nature.
- Administrator over Automated Maintenance Mechanic System (AMMS), ensuring consistent tracking and accurate reporting from system. Review, process, track and follow-up facility and equipment work order requests.
- Facility TRACKS purchasing coordinator for all purchases.
- Maintain Chief Administrative Officer/CFO calendar(s) and appointments. Schedule and arrange meetings.
- Coordinate with department staff and administer processes and procedures.
- Provide information related to planning, organizing and operation of the department.
- Answer department phone, field calls from staff, vendors, patients and public.
- Represent department by receiving, screening, and directing visitors to the necessary locations within the hospital campus.
- Provide support for several departments which may include preparing daily timesheets, ordering office supplies, writing processes and procedures, organize Central Supply office and storage rooms, data entry for PMX orders, maintain documentation on orders, email correspondence, conduct meetings on behalf of CFO, and deliver supplies to patient care wards.
What we are looking for:
- Four years of increasing responsibility office experience requiring keyboarding, typing, computer skills, Microsoft Word and Excel software, Outlook calendars, math skills and detailed spread sheet work.
- Demonstrate proficient operation of the following equipment: Computer and copy/fax machine.
- Knowledge of all hospital, state, and federal regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work as a team member and to resolve personal conflicts in a calm, non-threatening manner.
Who should apply? Professionals with a high school diploma or GED and four years of full-time, progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work.
Interested in this opportunity?
- Submit an application with three professional references
- Provide a letter of interest, addressing the qualifications listed in this job announcement
- Provide a current resume
Questions about this job opportunity? Please contact Teresa Alseth at 425-339-1754 and reference 06447.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $2,778.00 - $3,612.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County - Medical Lake, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2017-06447
Closing: 7/24/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact