Washington State DSHS Financial Services Specialist 4 in Kelso, Washington
We value the importance of a system that works together! Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our Mission to Transform Lives! If you are dedicated to delivering an amazing customer experience this is an opportunity to advance your career!
The Economic Services Administration (ESA), Community Services Division (CSD) is recruiting to fill a* Financial Services Specialist 4 (FSS4) *position within the Statewide Customer Service Contact Center Child Care West Team located in Kelso WA.
The FSS4 duties as a lead worker in the Statewide Customer Contact Center include coordination and assignment of statewide work. The lead worker will act as job coach for new staff and will audit Contact Center staff on a daily basis.
In this position, you will:
- Train new Financial Services Specialist and keep abreast of training needs
- Determine and facilitate ongoing training needs based on information derived from audits of case actions
- Assign and monitor work flow of financial staff
- Review case for accuracy, detect error trends and identify training needs
- Assist in applying rules to case situations
- Perform supervisory functions in supervisor's absence
- Verify and establish overpayments
- Have a basic understanding of the administrative hearing process
- Assist customers with the process of applying for Apple Healthcare by entering information into the Health Plan Finder (HPF) system on behalf of clients
What we're looking for:
- Six months of qualifying experience working in a Call Center environment preferred
- Ability to read, write and converse fluently in English
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of eligibility for all public assistance programs and CSO processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to maintain quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to inspire and lead others to achieve challenging results
Who should apply? Those who have twelve months experience as a Financial Services Specialist 3 and Satisfactory completion of the agency's Financial Services Specialist Training Program.
The hiring manager is requesting applicants attach a copy of transcripts to this application.
Questions about this job opportunity? Contact Brenda Fitzpatrick and reference #06305.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (509) 363-5032. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $3,353.00 - $4,399.00 Monthly
Location: Cowlitz County – Kelso, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2017-06305
Closing: 7/30/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact