U.S. Army Medical Command Tractor Operator in Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washington
*About the Position: *
This position is located in the Facilities Management Division Operations Maintenance Branch, Buildings & Grands Section at Madigan Army Medical Center (MAMC) on Joint Base Lewis-Mcchord, Washington For more information regarding MAMC please visit the following website:
On January 1, 2013, Madigan Army Medical Center became a tobacco free campus. This includes all tobacco products and electronic nicotine delivery devices such as "e-cigarettes." Being tobacco-free helps our patients, staff and visitors become and stay healthier. As part of this new policy and our commitment to new employees and their health, newly hired staff may take advantage of one free tobacco cessation class
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Learn more about this agency
Operate a variety of equipment to perform ground maintenance, operator maintenance, and various tasks related to grounds support, such as, industrial and agricultural tractors, lawnmowers, forklifts, 5-ton dump truck, backhoe, aerator, chainsaw, blowers, aerial tuck lift, sidewalk sweepers, and a light truck to transport equipment and small debris. Perform operator maintenance on equipment. Plant, remove, and prune trees and shrubs. Operate power tools. Maintain material records and material data safety sheets. Conduct pest control inspection and determine treatment method, which may require the use of a truck mounted or hand held sprayer. Maintain and operate irrigation system to include replacing PVC pipe and replacing sprinkler heads. Remove storm damage and conduct pest control of the grounds.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
United States Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- #### Job family (Series)
5705 Tractor Operating
- Industrial Truck Operators
- Operators, Industrial Truck
- Operators, Tractor
Conditions of Employment
- See other requirements section for a full list of requirements
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires the selectee to successfully complete a pre-placement and annual medical examination in order to lift or carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires a valid, State-issued motor vehicle driver's license that is not suspended or revoked. The selectee for this position must be able to obtain and maintain this licensure for continued employment.
- This position requires the use of personal protective equipment to include a respirator.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Screen Out Element: Applicants must show in their resume that they have the ability to do the work of a Tractor Operator by completing common tasks without more than normal supervision. Resumes will be reviewed for experience performing tasks including operating a light grounds maintenance vehicles and tractors, (i.e., lawnmower). Use non-powered hand tools such as rakes, screw drivers, and trimmers to complete maintenance of grounds and equipment. (Failure to meet this screen-out element will result in an ineligible rating.)
In addition to the experience identified, you will be evaluated against the following:
- Operation of Motor Vehicles
- Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean and in order)
- Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc. (related to mobile equipment operation)
- Ability to drive safely (motor vehicles)
- Ability to operate safely (non-motor vehicles)
- Reliability and Dependability as a Tractor Operator
Physical effort:Work requires considerable sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and other awkward and uncomfortable positions. Frequently lifts and carries item weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally lifts heavier items. Frequently pushes heavy equipment and other material.
Working Conditions:Duties are performed outdoors with exposure to temperature extremes and all types of weather conditions, exposure to dust, dirt and mud, cuts, bruises, back strains; injury from flying debris from hand and power tools. Pest control work involves exposure to toxic vapors, liquids and powders; exposure to insects that may carry diseases and insect bites and stings. Must be able to wear a respirator and use other personnel protective equipment (PPE).
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This position may require call back due to inclement weather.
- This is a Career Program Position (CP). CP-18.
- Defense National Relocation Program is not authorized.
- Personnel security investigation is required.
- Failure to provide all the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.*Your resume*:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents follow the directions located at: Faxing Applications and Documents The Vacancy ID is 1858859. You will need the questionnaire, View Occupational Questionnaire, to complete your faxed application
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, September 28, 2017 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents must be completely transmitted by 11:59p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Agency contact information
Central Resume Processing Center
DA WER Fort Lewis Please contact by email Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Learn more about this agency
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) office at OPM
- Office of Equal Opportunity
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479549300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 09/15/2017 to 09/28/2017
Salary: $23.03 to $26.84 per hour
Pay scale & grade: WG 06
Work schedule: Full-Time - Full Time
Appointment type: Permanent