Army Installation Management Command RECREATION ASSISTANT (WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR) NF-02 in Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washington
About the Agency
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
Located in the heart of the Pacific Northwest's Puget Sound region, Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) is the Defense Department's premiere military installation in the northwest and is the most requested duty station in the Army. Fort Lewis, named after Meriwether Lewis of the Lewis and Clark expedition, is one of the largest and most modern military reservations in the United States and consists of 87,000 acres of prairie land cut from the glacier-flattened Nisqually Plain.
Accept this challenge and become an important team member of the premiere Community Recreation Division located on JBLM. This is a flexible position with no guaranteed hours located at the various pools on Lewis Main and McChord Field. The Water Safety Instructors work at different locations based on availability. Join us and be part of the commitment in providing quality recreational experiences to Service Members, their families and the JBLM community.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the JBLM local commuting area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Acts as water safety instructor. Manages all swimming lessons and instructs when scheduled, at the assigned aquatics facility. Develops swim program according to students' ability and promotes students to higher level of swimming according to their skills. Instructs all levels of swimming and appropriate strokes, to include; front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly. Teach students from age groups of infant through adults. Introduces and instructs safety and survival skills to students, when appropriate to level of instruction. Instructors work with lifeguards to ensure that swim lessons are safe at all times. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel
- For training purposes and assistance
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Certifications are required
Possess work experience performing the following duties: manage swim lessons; develop swim programs; introduce and instruct safety and survival skills.
Must possess and maintain the following certifications:
Water Safety Instructor Certification
Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
First Aid Certification (Certificates issue by American Red Cross, Ellis @ Associates, Star Guard or other nationally recognized agencies are acceptable)
Highly Preferred*: Possession of a Lifeguard Certification
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical is required.
- A successful background investigation Tier 1 (NACI) submission to the Office of Personnel Management is a condition of employment that must be met no later than 30 calendar days after placement in the position.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holiday shifts. May be assigned irregular duties for recreation events and related requirements.
- All required certifications must be kept current.
What To Expect Next
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Review our benefits
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur and/or every two weeks.
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Flexible positions are not eligible for participation in Army NAF Benefits programs. Should the hours worked consistently exceed 19 hours in a week for more than 90 days, the employee may be non-competitively placed into a RPT or RFT appointment, as appropriate, in accordance with AR 215-3.
- Military spouses requesting spouse employment preference (SEP) consideration MUST provide a copy of the sponsor's PCS orders to the current duty station and marriage certificate at the time of application.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474616300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-08-18
Salary: $13.52 to $13.52 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: NF 2
Series: 0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Appointment type: Intermittent
Work schedule: Intermittent
Job announcement number: WENAFEU1710028499SR
Control number: 474616300