Washington State Administrative Assistant 2 in Connell, Washington
Administrative Assistant 2 (AA2)
**Coyote Ridge Corrections Center
THIS RECRUITMENT IS OPEN TO WASHINGTON STATE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS EMPLOYEES ONLY.**
*Note: This posting may be used to fill future openings.
The Department of Corrections is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for a full time permanent Administrative Assistant 2 at Coyote Ridge Corrections Center.
COYOTE RIDGE CORRECTIONS CENTER (CRCC) is located on a 60-acre site about 40 miles north of the Tri-Cities. CRCC is comprised of two-complexes. The Medium Security Complex (MSC) is a 2,048 bed facility that houses offenders with Medium and MI3 Custody. MSC consists of 4 Hybrid units and 4 Medium units. The Minimum Security Unit (MSU) is a 480 bed facility that houses assisted living and MI2 Custody offenders. MSU consists of 2 units. This is a work/program orientated facility that offers many educational, vocational, and self-help programs and Class II and Class III Correctional Industries work programs.
Whether the work is inside a prison, in community corrections, or in an administrative office, the Washington State Department of Corrections professional staff experience a high degree of personal satisfaction knowing they are creating environments in which all offenders can learn to make choices that contribute to a safer society.
This position supports the Facility Manager, and the duties are, but not limited to:
- Records management, prepare reports, submit contracts through SharePoint, screen, prioritize, and distribute mail, transcribe minutes, screens calls, and visitors.
- Provides confidential secretarial support to supervisor, coordinates office operations, organizes supervisor calendar, and makes travel arrangements for Maintenance and Safety Department. Represents supervisor at meetings when necessary.
- Coordinates, organizes, schedule monthly meeting, staff training, and Place Safety Muster.
- Involved in developing employee safety training programs, visual aid, power points and other material. Maintain annual training records, fall protection, confined space entry plans, and staff and offender training documentation.
- Coordinates personnel issues such as recruitment, selection, appointment, and promotion. Helps in the development of position descriptions, compose corrective actions plans, letters, notifications, and confidential/sensitive material. Create and update Org. Chart for Facility Manager/HR. Keep an accurate Maintenance employee phone list.
- Evaluate cost and purchase expenditures for the Maintenance Department such as equipment, and supplies, develops cost estimates and obtains quotes. Manages the monthly budget journal.
- Facilitates visitor, contractor, and vendor security clearances for facility access. Run OMNIXX checks to evaluate appropriate entry into a "High" security facility.
- Provides Maintenance employees with log-in and passwords for MicroMain. Process weekly preventative maintenance work orders.
- Work with the Business Department to develop, create, and implement offender pay worksheets. Prepare monthly offender worksheets for the Maintenance Dept., and turn in monthly to the Business Department.
- Provide secretarial support to the Environmental Specialist and the Safety Officer. Qualifications
High school diploma or G.E.D. Desired:
Three years of progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping or general administration work.
- Ability to work independently, read, understand, and interpret policies, and procedures, develop written reports, work effectively with others, communicate effectively, both in writing and speech. Supplemental Information
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit www.doc.wa.gov.
- Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates.
- All DOC employees are fingerprinted for a criminal history background check.
- Employees work with offenders in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
- If this position is included in a Union Shop, employees will be required to become members within thirty (30) days of employment.
We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with men and women of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call us at (509) 543-5880. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Salary: $2,761.00 - $3,568.00 Monthly
Location: Franklin County – Connell, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Job Number: 2017-07430
Closing: 8/25/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact