Washington State DSHS Juvenile Rehabilitation Residential Counselor in Chehalis, Washington
Join us in Transforming Lives!
You can make a real difference in the lives of at risk youth when you join our dedicated team Green Hill School in Chehalis, WA.
We have an opportunity for a Juvenile Rehabilitation Residential Counselor to assist youth in transforming their lives by creating pathways for self sufficiency through meaningful partnerships, employment, new opportunities and effective rehabilitation services.
As member of a multidisciplinary treatment team you will assess behavior, prioritize treatment targets, develop treatment plans and implement interventions based on cognitive and behavioral treatment principles.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Provide individual counseling, make family contacts and facilitate groups
- Prepare youth and their families for transition back to the community
- Model, shape, and coach pro-social adaptive behavior, including the ability to set personal limits and boundaries
- Recognize risk, assess group dynamics and intervene to prevent maladaptive behaviors
- Organize and supervise group recreational activities
- Perform basic data entry and retrieval functions using an electronic management information system
What we're looking for:
- Understanding of adolescent development and juvenile rehabilitation practices
- Experience providing cognitive and behavioral therapeutic interventions
- Knowledge of basic interviewing and counseling theories and techniques
- Knowledge of crisis intervention methods and techniques
- Ability to obtain pertinent information during interviews
- Ability to apply rules, regulations and procedures
Who should apply? Professionals who have a Bachelor's degree AND one year of professional experience in casework, counseling, probation and parole, social services, planning, directing, and/or facilitating youth group activities or experience in a related field. Or One year of experience as a Juvenile Rehabilitation Counselor Assistant.
*A Master's degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Social Sciences, or in an allied field will substitute for the one year of experience.
Question? Please contact Lindsay Taylor and reference #09323
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $3,436.00 - $4,506.00 Monthly
Location: Lewis County – Chehalis, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2017-09323
Closing: 10/26/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact