Microsoft Corporation SOFTWARE ENGINEER 2 in Bellevue, Washington
AdCenter is Microsoft’s unified Ad Monetization platform chartered with delivering ads on Bing, MSN, partner publisher websites and applications across PC and mobile devices. The AdCenter Delivery Engine (DE) team builds and manages high-performance, high-availability systems that serve over 7 trillion ad impressions a year. We are working aggressively on our next wave of Ad offering around content, mobile apps and paid search ads. Challenges are to engineer highly performing, secure & scalable ad delivery applications that serve extremely large volume of request, geared towards optimizing revenue earnings and providing rich user experience.
We have started working on next generation platform that is going to lead Microsoft in Advertising Business in both PC and Mobile. As we onboard new Ads partners, it’s critical to have right infrastructure to scale and experiment. However, like the internet, Microsoft needs to grow beyond our platform and be the industry leading in monetizing the entire ecosystem.
Come join the team that is going to lead Microsoft into this new battlefront. If we can win the advertising battle, we will win the future! Be one of the pioneers in this new business. Are you excited about working on ad platform, massive scale online services, in a fast-paced and innovative environment, in a core area that directly influences Microsoft revenue? We are looking for a strong developer to work on the next generation Delivery Engine.
If you have experience in developing servers and services, an extremely good grasp of software engineering principles, and exceptional problem-solving skills then come join us. Experience building high performance and scalable systems, strong multithreaded design and debugging skills are highly desirable.
Qualified candidates should meet the following requirements:
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• Good understanding of data structures, algorithms and analysis of algorithm complexity
• Excellent design, coding, testing, debugging and communication skills and willingness to continuously improve
• Expert development skills in C/C++/C#, relevant software design, implementation and debugging
• Passion for quality and success
• Drive for solving hard problems and getting things done
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent is required
Following are responsibilities:
• Develop good understanding of Advertising Business.
• Develop good understanding of Delivery Engine existing and new infrastructure. Own end to end features, work cross-team to define contracts and light-up features.
• Lead and contribute to over-all architecture and designs.
• Act as Tech lead for the components and SME for the areas of ownership. Design and implement high quality, scalable and maintainable code.
• Initiate and implement EE practices to improve Product Quality and team efficiency.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.