Washington State Auto Mechanic Supervisor in Airway Heights, Washington
AUTO MECHANIC SUPERVISOR
Permanent – Full Time
Airway Heights Corrections Center (AHCC)
The Department of Corrections is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Auto Mechanic Supervisor at Airway Heights Corrections Center (AHCC).
Airway Heights Corrections Center (AHCC) is a 2000+ bed male facility located approximately 10 miles west of Spokane. The prison consists of a main facility that houses medium- and long-term minimum-custody offenders. A separate perimeter adjacent to the main facility accommodates a minimum-security unit for offenders with minimum-custody or lower.
Whether the work is inside a prison, in community corrections, or in an administrative office, the Washington State Department of Corrections professional staff experience a high degree of personal satisfaction knowing they are creating environments in which all offenders can learn to make choices that contribute to a safer society.
Supervise and instruct up to six offenders in the motor pool in automotive and heavy equipment mechanics. Provide daily supervision of offenders to teach and ensure safe work practices are followed with each task, plan offenders work duties.
Perform skilled automotive mechanical work – including the complete repair and preventive maintenance on all institutional vehicles and heavy equipment or related equipment, such as: power generators, hydraulic systems, and diesel engines.
Estimate maintenance and accident repair costs for motor pool and other department vehicles.
Establish and direct regular equipment inspection, service and maintenance schedules.
Transport vehicles to inspections, service, maintenance, offsite repairs, and road test to diagnose, and verify proper repairs have been successfully performed to customer satisfaction.
Maintain a procedure and oversee the operation for the use, distribution and inventory of parts, fluids, chemicals, by notifying or ordering the supplies. Retain current documented records.
Prepare reports; keep records, logs.
Evaluate the performance of offenders.
Valid Driver's License
Two years verifiable experience in automotive and/or heavy equipment repair or closely related field.
Ability to lift 50 pounds safely unassisted.
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit doc.wa.gov.
Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates. *Phone number *AND_ email address are required for all professional references._
Answers to Supplemental Questions must be verified with work history.
- All DOC employees are fingerprinted for a criminal history background check.
- Employees may work directly with or in close proximity to incarcerated individuals in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) is an aerosol pepper spray made available as a means of self-defense and/or de-escalation. Applicants with sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis (TB) is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
- If this position is included in a Union Shop, employees will be required to become members within thirty (30) days of employment.
We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with people of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (509) 244-6704. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Salary: $4,132.00 - $4,675.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County - Airway Heights, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Job Number: 2017-07181
Closing: 8/21/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact